School gists,Entertainment,Technology,music and videos,Politics and all latest news worldwide

Air Force warns Boko Haram members to surrender before total raid































The Nigerian Air Force on Wednesday said it had opened a window for Boko Haram members wishing to surrender, after intensive bombardment at their Sambisa forest hideout in Borno.

 
 
The Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadiq Abubakar, disclosed this at a news conference in Maiduguri.

He said “we have conducted intensive bombardment that lasted more than eight days at the Sambisa forest.

“We have now opened a window for those wishing to surrender to do so.”

Abubakar added that the target was to eliminate the terrorists and ensure the return of peace in the North East.

“Our aim is to restore the sanity of our people and to ensure that there is peace everywhere in the North East”, he added.

Meanwhile, the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral IE Ibas undertook an on the spot assessment of the Naval Out Post Lake Chad (NOP) situated on the outskirts of Baga Town.

The CNS inspected the temporary, accommodation site at the College of Fresh Water Fisheries at Baga, as well as facilities at the temporary site at the Fish Dam, some 8km North-East of the College.

On arrival at Baga, the Chief of Naval Staff was received by the GOC 8 Div, Brig Gen Nani, as well as the Commander 7 Special Task Force Brigade, Brig Gen Saram.

The CNS was briefed on current activities in ‎the general area of operation by the Commander Special Task Force Brigade, as well as the Commander, Naval Out Post Lake Chad, Navy Captain DD Dangwel.

The CNS was informed that the Boko Haram terrorists had been routed out of their last stronghold of Malamfatori, while pockets of their elements were said to be on isolated islands on the Lake Chad.

Post a Comment

[blogger]

MKRdezign

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget